New Delhi, 28th July 2020: In yet another initiative towards pursuance of the vision of Hon’ble Prime Minister of ‘Aatma Nirbhar Bharat’, ‘Digital India’ and ‘Make In India’ and towards fulfillment of the mission of Hon’ble Minister of Railways and Commerce & Industry, Shri Piyush Goyal in achieving greater self reliance for ‘Aatma Nirbhar Bharat’ and engaging with the world from a position of strength, IRCTC and SBI Card together launched their new Co-branded Contactless Credit Card on RuPay Platform. The new credit card was dedicated to the service of the nation today by Sh. Piyush Goyal, Hon’ble Minister of Railways and Commerce & Industry.
Speaking on the occasion, Minister of Railways and Commerce & Industry, Piyush Goyal said “We are strongly committed in making Railways ‘Aatma Nirbhar’ in all the fields with ‘Make In India’ initiatives as envisaged by Prime Minister. The IRCTC SBI co-branded card working on RuPay Platform is one of the many “Make In India” activities undertaken by the Railways”
With the aim to offer a safe transaction environment to the customers, the new RuPay credit card is equipped with Near Field Communication (NFC) technology whereby the users can expedite their transactions at the POS machines by just tapping the card on the machines without requiring to swipe the card.
Designed to reward frequent railway travellers, the new co-branded credit card offers the rail passengers maximum savings proposition on their travel together with exclusive benefits on retail, dining and entertainment as well as transaction fee waivers.
The Cardholders will receive up to 10% value back on 1st AC, 2nd AC, 3rd AC, Executive Chair Car & AC Chair Car bookings made at IRCTC website. The card also offers online transaction fee waiver (1% of transaction amount), 1% fuel surcharge waiver and 4 premium lounge free access at Railway stations in a year (one per quarter). The users of the card will receive 350 Bonus Reward Points upon activation of the card with a minimum spent. The users can redeem the accumulated reward points against purchase of train tickets on IRCTC’s ticketing website. In addition to savings on rail travel, the IRCTC SBI card offers several benefits for online shopping portals. Customers can avail discounts while shopping at e-commerce sites.
With RuPay’s increasing market share and gaining popularity among Indian customers, the RuPay powered IRCTC SBI Cobranded Credit Card is yet another step to provide RuPay users a delightful shopping experience.
The new co-branded credit card together substantiates the commitment of IRCTC, SBI Card and RuPay for promoting the Digital India initiatives and aims to ensure a safe, convenient and improved travel experience for the rail passengers.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF THE IRCTC-SBI RUPAY CARD
- Equipped with Near Field Communication (NFC) technology whereby the users can expedite their transactions at the POS machines by just tapping the card on the machines without requiring to swipe the card.
- Card Issuance Fee is Rs. 500/-. Card Holder will get 350 Activation bonus Reward points on spend of Rs. 500/- or more within 45 days of card issuance. Each Reward point is equal to Rupee 1. Card issuance fee has been waived till 31st March, 2021 to promote the acceptance of the card.
- Up to 10% Value Back on 1AC, 2AC, 3AC, CC or EC class booking for ticket purchases at IRCTC website www.irctc.co.in
- 4% value back (4 Reward Points per Rs. 100 for Travel dates between 1st April to 14th July and from 16th September to 14th January.)
- 10% value back (10 Reward Points per Rs. 100 for Travel dates between 15th January to 31st March and from 15th July to 15th September).
- 1 Reward Point for every Rs. 125 spent on retail purchases including Railway ticket purchases at www.irctc.co.in. (1 Reward point = 1 Rupee). Card can be used anywhere in POS terminals or on online websites.
- 1% online Transaction charges waiver on Railway ticket booking at IRCTC website.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver across all Petrol pumps.
- 4 Premium Lounges Access at Railway Stations in a year (Maximum of 2 per Quarter).
- At the time of booking tickets at IRCTC website, if points are less than the amount of ticket, cardholder can Purchase the required points at IRCTC website and book the ticket.
- Annual Renewal Fee of the card is Rs. 300/-.